BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Cheesy Turkey and Ham Bundles


One of my favorite things about Pinterest is that I can shoot my Food link to my BF, and he can scroll through and choose what he wants for dinner. For last night, he picked Chicken Cordon Bleu Roll Ups from Plain Chicken.

I improvised on this one, because I wanted to use what I already had on hand. Instead of chopped chicken and ham, I used whole slices of lunch meat. I also used mozzarella cheese instead of Swiss. I think you could make a variety of adjustments to this recipe, all with successful (and delicious) results.

One thing...since the cheesy sauce is poured over the roll-ups, you lose the flakiness of the crescent rolls, which is my favorite part. In making this again, I think I would put sauce on the bottom as a bed and place bundles on top to get more of a crust.

I think this would be a great dish for kids...meat, cheese, bread. What's to argue with?


Printable recipe

1 tube refrigerated crescent rolls
8 thin slices of turkey
8 thin slices of ham
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/3 cup milk
1 cup mozzarella cheese


Open crescent rolls and separate along perforations into eight pieces. Top each piece with a slice of both turkey and ham and roll up. In a small bowl, combine soup, milk, and 1/2 cup cheese. Spread a little of the soup mixture along bottom of a casserole dish. Place the roll-ups on top. Pour rest of soup mixture over top and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment