BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Swiss Chicken



A quick review of this blog or a look at my Pinterest food board will show how much I like Plain Chicken. Her tastes are so similar to mine, and I hope she sees my imitations of her recipes as the flattery they are.

This recipe originally comes from Paula Deen, but I love the changes that Steph made to it...in particular, using Texas Toast croutons instead of herb-flavored stuffing mix. The bagged/boxed stuffing has too strong/distinctive a flavor for me...or maybe I don't like it because it tastes nothing like the fabulous "dressing" my mother makes at Thanksgiving.

Oh. My. Word. Deliciousness. The crunchy, garlicky croutons give way to creamy melted cheese and gives ordinary chicken breasts so much flavor. If you're looking for a new (and easy) way to cook chicken, put this on your list!

Printable recipe

1 package chicken breasts
4 tablespoons butter

Swiss cheese (two slices per breast)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 cup Texas Toast garlic croutons, crushed


Melt butter in 9x13 casserole dish in 350-degree preheated oven. Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Layer the cheese slices on top.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the soup and chicken broth and pour over the chicken. Sprinkle croutons on top. Bake for 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment