BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

OBG: Jilly's Roast


Here's another Oldie But Goodie (OBG) for you.

I originally had this a few years ago when my boss made it for a church luncheon. I fell in love immediately! She's from New Jersey, so I thought it may be a Northern thing, since I had never had anything like it before...but she said it has Dutch origins and is prepared on New Year's Day for good luck.

Don't let the sauerkraut put you off. It blankets the pork, making it oh-so-tender. It's not an overwhelming flavor, but it's definitely the star of this dish, giving it that "something special." Just adds a little zip/tang.

This is so, so, so good...I'm begging you to make!

Printable recipe

1 Boston butt
1 large can/jar sauerkraut
2 cans/jars mushroom gravy
1 bag baby carrots
2 cans whole potatoes, drained
2 packets dry mushroom gravy

Place pork in a large crockpot. Top with sauerkraut, gravy, and vegetables. Cook on low for 8 hours. Shred pork with two forks. Stir in dry gravy until completely mixed in.

No comments:

Post a Comment