BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

OBG: Chicken Spaghetti


Note: On the nights that I cook, I'm so focused on trying new recipes from Pinterest that I neglect the Oldies But Goodies (OBG). So...even though it kind of goes against the intent of this blog, I occasionally post OBG recipes to share my favorite, tried-and-true dishes with you.

Need an idea for using up leftover turkey after Thanksgiving? 

This spaghetti was a staple of my childhood. Every time I came home for a visit from college, my mom would send me back with a few batches that she had made and frozen for me. 

Here's the key: Season the cheese/soup mixture generously with garlic powder. Add some, taste, add some more, taste, etc. You get the idea. You may think it's too much, and that's when it's done. Once you add the chicken and noodles, it's not going to be as strong as you think, and it will be just right.

Printable recipe

2 cups chopped, cooked chicken (or turkey!)
8 ounces thin spaghetti, cooked
8 ounces Velveeta, cubed
1 can cream of mushroom soup
Shredded Cheddar cheese

In a large stockpot, cook Velveeta and soup until cheese is thoroughly melted. Season generously with garlic powder. Add chicken and spaghetti and mix well. Pour into a greased 8x8 baking dish and top with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

1 comment: