BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 10, 2014

Kentucky Hot Brown Crescent Bake


I can't claim to have a love for a Kentucky Hot Brown sandwich...in fact, I have never had one. However, I know what it is/what's in it. And, it has always sounded good to me.

So, when this popped up in my Pinterest feed (from Eat At Home), I decided to give it a try.

Given my lack of history, I can't say that I know for sure that this tastes like a Kentucky Hot Brown...but it sure was good. It's basically a trumped-up turkey sandwich with crescent roll crusts.

I could have SWORN that I had a package of Swiss cheese in my fridge...but, alas, I did not. So, I just sprinkled a layer of shredded Cheddar where the slices would have/should have gone. 

I particularly liked the tomato slices...they gave it a nice "bite." They gave the dish a fresh taste and added a little tang. It cuts easily into squares (I did nine) and re-heats nicely.

Printable recipe

1 tube crescent roll dough
1 8-ounce package sliced deli turkey
8 slices Swiss cheese
8 slices cooked bacon
3 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
4 eggs, divided

Unroll crescent roll dough and divide into two squares. Place one square in the bottom of a greased 8x8 baking dish. 

Top with half of turkey, cheese, bacon, and tomato slices. Beat two of the eggs and pour evenly over the top. Top with rest of turkey, cheese, bacon, and tomato slices. Top with remaining crescent roll square. Beat remaining two eggs and pour evenly over top. 

Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 25 minutes. Let cool for 15-20 minutes before serving.

1 comment:

  1. Looks good! It needs the mornay sauce to be a hot brown - that would be good drizzled on top of this crescent bake. YUM!

    ReplyDelete