BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 30, 2012

Creamy Chicken Chili


I'm an awards show junkie, and I hate to cook on those nights...so I usually pull out the slow cooker. Yesterday, thanks to Plain Chicken, I threw this together (it's that easy), went to the movies with my mom to see One for the Money, and came home (to a house smelling heavenly) in time for the red-carpet arrivals.

The original recipe calls for shredding the chicken at the end, but I like to do that with about an hour left of cooking, so that the chicken absorbs all of the flavor of the sauce.

This came out thicker than I envisioned...so we ended up eating it more like a dip. Tonight, when I re-heat it on the stove, I think I'm going to add some chicken broth to make it more soupy.

Flavor-wise, though, this was a winner!

Printable recipe

2 chicken breasts
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can corn, undrained
1 can Rotel, undrained
1 package dry ranch dressing mix
1 teaspoon cumin
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 8-ounce package cream cheese


Place chicken in slow cooker. Combine next six ingredients in a bowl and pour over chicken. Top with brick of cream cheese. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Stir melted cream cheese into sauce. Shred chicken with two forks. 

1 comment: