BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 6, 2012

Pinterest Party: Mozzarella Cheese Ball + Craft!


My friend Jenny had a great idea to host a Pinterest party this past weekend, with each guest bringing a dish from one of their boards, along with a craft they had pinned, with supplies for the whole group to make. I decided to bring Stephanie's Mozzarella Cheese Ball, as it had gotten great reviews from a friend at work.

I have a confession....this was my first time to make a cheese ball. I know...how is that possible? It's possible because I have a favorite one that I always pick up from a local bakery to take to events.

I'm pretty much a fan of anything with ranch dressing...it adds such a great and distinct flavor. I also liked the twist of using mozzarella cheese. This was a big hit!


8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/2 package dry ranch dressing mix
1/3 cup mayonnaise
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Finely chopped pecans

Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Refrigerate to firm up. Form mixture into a ball and roll in chopped pecans.  Refrigerate again before serving with crackers.

As far as the craft...let it be noted that I'm not the first in line to participate in these kinds of activities. I wasn't able to stay at the party long, so I only made one of the selections. It was a photo of my nieces attached to a canvas with Modge Podge glaze and bordered with scrapbook paper. Now I just need to decide where to hang it in my house!


Here's a collage from the day...great idea, fantastic group of girls, delicious food...and craft supplies everywhere!

1 comment:

  1. We are doing this again, and you are crafting all day! BE prepared! The cheeseball was awesome, can't wait to enjoy some leftovers for lunch!

    ReplyDelete