BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Ranch Chicken



I saw a recipe for Sour Cream Chicken over at Making Life Delicious, and it looked too easy to pass up. I had sour cream on hand, but when I opened my fridge, I saw a jar of Ranch dip (like those found in the chip aisle) that I had purchased for pretzel-dipping. I thought this may make a more flavorful recipe...and OH MY. It was rich and creamy, with a nice crunch from the stuffing and a great mix of seasonings. I packed the stuffing on the top and sides of the chicken, completely sealing it in.



Printable recipe

1 package chicken breasts
Salt
Pepper
Garlic powder
1 cup sour cream or prepared Ranch dip (like Lay's)
1-1/2 cups crumbled herbed stuffing (like Pepperidge Farm)
1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed


Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly spray. Place chicken breasts close together (touching). Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Spread sour cream or Ranch dip across chicken, coating completely. Sprinkle stuffing across the top. Dot with butter. Bake at 375 degrees for 45-60 minutes, until top is browned and chicken is cooked through.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds so good and so easy! I'm a huge fan of (almost) anything chicken. I will have to try this soon.
    Currently have everything except the dip. *adds to grocery list*

    ReplyDelete