BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Egg Roll Manicotti


Excuse the picture. I just couldn't get a good shot. I almost didn't include this on the blog because of that fact...and then I thought, I'm not a professional and this is a dang-good recipe.

As I was preparing this, I knew Patrick would be making fun of me, because it's from Plain Chicken and he always teased me about being obsessed with her. I'm sorry...manicotti made from egg roll wrappers??? How could I pass that up?

And, I'm glad I didn't. This was crazy good, y'all. It was lighter than typical manicotti, as the egg roll wrappers are thinner/less dense than tubed pasta. Plus, it was super easy, since you don't have to cook or stuff "pasta." 

Mouthful of deliciousness! 

Printable recipe

15-ounce container ricotta
1 egg
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
12 egg roll wrappers
1 jar spaghetti sauce

In a large bowl, combine ricotta, 1/2 cup mozzarella, parmesan, and egg. Fill each egg roll with 3-4 tablespoons of filling and roll up.

Spread some of the spaghetti sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Place rolled manicotti seam side down in dish. Top with remaining sauce and cheese.

 Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment