BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Roasted Balsamic Asparagus & Tomatoes with Feta


Now that we're (finally) getting some sporadic springtime weather, my boyfriend and I decided to start having Sunday Steak Night. As the grillmaster, he's in charge of the meat, and I'm in charge of the side(s). 

I saw this idea over at For the Love of Cooking, and I knew it would make a great accompaniment to the filets (that he wrapped with bacon) we had on hand. It called for cooking it on the stovetop...but I decided I'd rather be chilling on the porch with a glass of wine than babysitting the side dish. Luckily, Pam also had a roasted version (minus the feta) further back on her blog, so I basically combined the two ideas.

After roasting and tossing in the dressing, I added some of the feta directly to the mix so it could soak up some of the flavor...and then I also topped each serving with additional feta. 

This had such a bright, clean, and fresh flavor...perfect for spring! Feel free to dip some bread directly in the dish to sop up all of the balsamic goodness!

Printable recipe

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 bunch of asparagus, tough ends removed and cut into thirds
1 container cherry tomatoes, halved
Sea salt and pepper

Dressing:
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
Sea salt and pepper

Feta cheese to taste

In a 9x13 baking dish, toss asparagus and tomatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast at 300 degrees for 5-7 minutes. Mix together dressing ingredients and pour over vegetables after roasting. Top with feta. 

No comments:

Post a Comment