BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Chicken Parmesan Casserole



Y'all know I'm a sucker for a casserole...and Cassie Craves is one of my favorite food bloggers...so I immediately pinned this recipe when she posted it a couple of weeks ago.

This has all of the flavor of chicken parmesan, with the benefit of simple prep. I love a twist on a classic! The garlic bread topping alone was heavenly, but it was divine all together. The chicken/marinara mixture on the bottom was a little "loose," so I'll serve this over macaroni or some other type of pasta next time. I think that would put this already-delicious dish over the top.

A couple of notes...My grocery store didn't have garlic breadsticks, so I added garlic powder to the butter mixture. Also, instead of dipping each breadstick piece in the butter mixture, I put the bread and butter in a large bowl and tossed together.


Printable recipe



1 package boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 jar marinara sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 stick melted butter
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 can refrigerated garlic breadsticks
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

In an 8x8 baking dish, arrange chicken and pour marinara sauce over top to coat. Top with mozzarella cheese.

In a small bowl, stir together melted butter and Italian seasoning.

Separate dough into 8 breadsticks. Cut each breadstick into 1-inch pieces and dip dough into melted butter mixture. Arrange pieces over mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over dough.

Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment