BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

"Crack" Quiche


After four days of turkey and trimmings, I was so OVER (and out of) leftovers from Thanksgiving. I wanted something completely different, so I went with breakfast for dinner.

Plain Chicken has a popular, crowd-pleaser Cheddar-Bacon Dip that she's dubbed "crack," and she used the same flavor combination in this quiche.

While I love the taste of bacon, I can't stand to cook it, so I'm a huge fan of the bags of bacon pieces (not bits). This is crazy simple...it just takes a bowl and a whisk to prepare. It's big on flavor...smoky, cheesy, and creamy with a flaky crust. Perfect for any time of day!

Printable recipe

1 frozen deep dish pie crust
1 (3-ounce) bag real bacon pieces
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3 eggs
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup Ranch dressing

Place bacon in bottom of pie crust. Top with cheese. Whisk together eggs, cream, milk, and Ranch dressing. Pour over bacon and cheese. Bake at 375 degrees for 40-50 minutes, until set and lightly browned. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.

1 comment:

  1. I am with you on cooking bacon - I hate it! Thank goodness for the bags of bacon pieces.

    Glad you liked the quiche.

    ReplyDelete