BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, November 9, 2012

Creamed Corn Casserole


I don't usually have access to a grill, but when I did for a few nights last week, I made sure I used it for dinner every chance I had: burgers, steaks, BBQ chicken, and this pork tenderloin (I marinate in equal parts of Moore's and Italian dressing).

For the side dish, I went with this corn casserole recipe from Unsophisticook. Creamed corn screams comfort food to me, and this recipe could not be easier. No kidding. Dump, stir, bake. I loved the crunch of the corn kernels within the sweet, creaminess of the rest of the dish. With Thanksgiving around the corner, this can be easily doubled for a crowd (in a 9x13 dish).

Printable recipe

1 can corn, drained
1 can creamed corn
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
1 stick of butter, melted
1 cup milk
2 eggs, well beaten
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pepper to taste


Mix all of the ingredients together and pour into 8x8 dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment