BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Mexican Chicken and Rice


A few weeks ago, my mom gave me some smoked chicken breasts left over from her supper club, and I shredded and froze it. So, when I saw this recipe from Me and My Tadpole, I thought it would be a perfect dish to use up the chicken. I added a can of Rotel tomatoes for color and a little more heat.

As a "dinner," this had way too much taco seasoning. Overpowering. However, as a "dip," served with Frito Scoops, it was perfect. The flavor of the chips offset the seasoning and made it much more tasty. Plus, it uses ingredients you probably already have on hand.

Printable recipe

2-3 cups cooked, chopped chicken

1 packet taco seasoning
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 1/3 cups water
1 can Rotel tomatoes, drained
1 cup Minute rice, uncooked
1 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese

Mix together taco seasoning, soup, water, tomatoes, rice and 1/2 of the cheese in a large bowl. Stir in cooked chicken. Pour into a 9x13 baking dish and top with remaining cheese.

Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake up to an additional 10 minutes or until cheese on top is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment