BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

No-Peek Beef


A few months ago, I tried a recipe for No-Peek Chicken...and then I saw this recipe for No-Peek Beef last week, courtesy of Mommy's Kitchen blog.

It cooks low and slow...and makes your house smell divine. I used stew meat, and it was incredibly tender...and swimming in a swoon-worthy gravy. I will use low-sodium onion soup mix next time, as it almost bordered on too salty (the blandness of the rice made it less so).

We eat late, so this was a good weeknight meal for us, especially since it only takes a few minutes to put together. But I could see this as more of a weekend meal for most families.

I (obviously) served it over rice, but it would also be delicious over mashed potatoes or egg noodles.


Printable recipe



2 pounds beef tips or stew meat
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 packet brown gravy mix
1 packet Lipton dry onion soup mix
1 4-ounce can mushrooms
1 cup water 


Add cubed meat to a 9x13 inch dish. In a large bowl, mix the remaining ingredients together and pour over the meat. Add mushrooms and stir to coat. Cover with foil and bake at 300 degrees for 3 hours.

2 comments:

  1. I think this would be super done in the crock pot also. Might have to try it while Will is home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are doing pinterest recipes....I think everyone has gotten burned a few times from pictures that pull you in!

    ReplyDelete