BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 10, 2013

OBG: Spinach Bake


Here's another Oldie But Goodie (OBG). When I was married, we grilled steaks every Sunday night. I always enjoyed finding a new side to accompany...but this dish made repeated appearances.

I have no idea where I originally found it, but it is a keeper. I told my cooking-challenged best friend last night: "You could do this. It's dump, stir, and bake!"

This makes a big pan and uses inexpensive ingredients...so it's great for both a potluck and cooking on a budget.

Printable recipe

1 box corn muffin mix (Jiffy)
2 eggs, beaten
1 8-ounce carton sour cream
1 can French onion soup
1 package frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 stick margarine, melted
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Combine first six ingredients and stir until well blended. Spoon mixture into a greased 9x13 baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Top with cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment