BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Oven Hot Dogs



What's better than a plain ol' chili-cheese dog? A baked chili-cheese dog, of course. This version will make the original pale in comparison.

I've seen this recipe on several blogs, but I had pinned the one from Alyssa B. Young's site. I'm not a big fan of mayonnaise, but everything I've seen points to this ingredient as being the "something special" to the recipe, so spread the buns generously. (I took a deep breath and went way beyond my comfort zone with the amount I used.)

I halved the recipe since it was just the two of us, but this would be a great way to feed a group. I left off the sweet relish and diced onions for personal preferences, but feel free to pile those on, as well. 

Finally...be prepared to eat these with a knife and fork! 

Printable recipe

8 hot dogs
8 hot dog buns
1 can of chili
cheddar cheese
mayonnaise
mustard
Line inside of hot dog buns with mayonnaise. Add mustard. Fill with hot dogs and place into a 13×9″ baking pan.
Top hot dogs with chili and cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment