BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 22, 2013

Oven Tacos


Let's take another American classic and stick it in the oven, shall we? Once again...an ordinary dish is transformed just by baking it! I saw this on one of my favorite blogs, Pearls, Handcuffs, and Happy Hour. and knew it would be a hit.

The meat mixture makes far more than the five tacos I actually cooked. I didn't use all of the meat to fill additional tacos because a) it was just the two of us and b) I knew these wouldn't work as leftovers. I saved the extra meat, and we used it for taco salads later in the week.

I recommend using the flat-bottomed taco shells. They're more sturdy and they're thicker, which means they're less likely to get soggy from the filling.

I topped mine only with pickled jalapeno slices, but the add-ons are endless...salsa, lettuce, sour cream, guacamole, etc.

Printable recipe


2 pounds ground beef
1 4-ounce can diced green chiles
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
1 16-ounce can refried beans
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Taco shells

Brown and drain beef and return to skillet. 

Add chiles, refried beans, tomato sauce, and taco seasoning. Mix well and cook for a few minutes or until the mixture thickens up.

Spoon the mixture into the bottom of your taco shells and arrange in a baking dish. 

Top the tacos with cheese.

Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Add additional toppings of your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment