BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 26, 2013

Mushroom-Spinach Quiche


I was scrolling through my Pinterest boards, and I came across this this recipe I had pinned awhile back from Erin Chase of $5 Dinners fame. 

This had such a "fresh" taste, chock full of sauteed spinach and mushrooms. My only complaint was that I couldn't really taste the feta, which was a disappointment. I think the mozzarella cheese on top masked the tangy flavor I was looking for, so I suggest leaving it off...or maybe reducing the amount. I know, it's strange to say, cut back on the cheese, because it makes everything better...but if you want the feta to shine, I would do just that.

I have eaten this for dinner...for breakfast...for lunch this week. I love how versatile quiche is.

Printable recipe


6 ounces fresh spinach leaves
8 ounces sliced white mushrooms
6 eggs
4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
1 refrigerated pie crust
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Saute spinach in a little bit of olive oil until wilted and transfer to a colander. In same pan, saute mushrooms in a little more olive oil until browned and add to spinach in colander.

In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with the crumbled feta.

Place crust into greased pie plate. Add the mushrooms and spinach, and then pour the egg-feta mixture over the top.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Sprinkle cheese over the top and cook for 5-10 additional minutes or until cheese has melted and edges of crust are brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment