BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

8-Can Taco Soup



My standard recipe for taco soup probably looks like yours...you know, the one with taco seasoning and dry Ranch dressing mix? It's a winter staple, but when I saw this dump-dump eight-can version (from High Heels & Grills), I knew I had to give it a shot and see how it compared. What? No meat to brown? A few extra ingredients that my recipe doesn't use? Let's go!

Soup weather came just this week to Alabama, so I was probably pushing it to make this soup last weekend, but I wanted something easy for Saturday game night...and you can't get easier than opening up a bunch of cans.

You could easily just heat this through on the stove, but I stirred it all up in my crockpot and let it go for a couple of hours. Top with cheese and/or sour cream and you've got an easy,warm-your-heart-and-soul dinner.

Bottom line...this tasted almost exactly the same as my taco soup (maybe a little thicker), but I kind of prefer this version for the sheer convenience.

Printable recipe

15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
15-ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
15.25-ounce can sweet corn, drained
12.5-ounce can white chicken breast, drained
10.75-ounce can cream of chicken soup
10-ounce can green enchilada sauce
14-ounce can chicken broth
Packet taco seasoning

No comments:

Post a Comment